Sunday, October 30, 2011

Trick or Treat?

Mother nature is definitely a trickster. Woke up today to no power, and at least an inch of snow on the ground. Didn't get power until sometime after 4pm....I say SOMETIME, because I headed to my mothers who never lost power and returned home at 8pm to power! I never expected to see snow covered trees bowing to the ground,snow covered roofs and shoveling the driveway...the day before Halloween??!! Hence Trick not Treat!!

The poor pots, all tucked together after Hurricane Irene and now the snow.
 Well, I wanted to get my peonies into the ground as soon as possible. So, yes I braved the inch of snow. I cleared the snow off the bed and trudged forward planting the beautiful peonies from yesterdays blog. All of them hat a least 3 eyes some had 4! Hope all will be well with them.

4 comments:

  1. No to było faktycznie wielkie zaskoczenie, tyle śniegu. Piwoniom nic nie powinno się stać, bo przykryła je śniegowa pierzynka. Pozdrawiam
    Ps. Nie gniewaj się, ale coś Ci powiem.Treść czyta się dość trudno, bo są bardzo małe literki :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for you! My garden is in western PA and we made it through the weekend with just a frost, though the flakes fell in the sky for a little bit.

    I buy my bulbs from JS/Van Engelen too. Their catalogs are inspiring, I agree! I am planting 800 bulbs this month... in addition to the hundreds I have planted other years. I hope you can stick around to read about our spring garden at WMG! (This is the excitement that gets me through the months of snow!)

    Thanks for your kind comment!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the shiver in those poor little pots from here... brrrr! Don't we all have such a hard time letting go of Autumn?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Garden!!!
    This photo with the flowers, and snow, so beautiful!
    I am here in very hot, Brazil!
    and I thought the winter, I see even in the movies!
    Congratulations, your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete