Saturday, March 10, 2012

My First Hellebore Bloom

Now that the trees in the backyard are finally getting larger and with the addition of a shed, we're finally getting/creating a little shade! I'm envisioning a part of the back bed being a woodland area with beautiful Hostas, Lily of the Valley, Brunnera and the Hellebore. It was love at first site with the Hellebore. Once I started to investigate this plant and found out that it's evergreen as well, it was a must for the garden.

So, last Fall, I bought my first two Hellebore's "Pink Parachutes" and the woman wished me good luck (it was very late in the season and our first snow fall had occurred). I thanked her and drove home on cloud nine because, I got these two large plants for a very good price - $8.50! Every Hellebore I've seen in a catalog has been at least $16 for a much smaller plant. So, it's now early March and I have my first Hellebore bloom and the addiction has begun - I need more. It will be the first thing I look for at the garden nursery this year. I hope you enjoy my first bloom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Attleboro, we are neighbors just about. I am in the hellebore fan club with you. Aren't they lovely? We shall meet some time, perhaps at AFarms or Briggs. Yes, we will!

    ReplyDelete